Back in November, my favorite blogger, Cultivating Time, nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was and am thrilled! I’ve also got a bad habit of letting perfectionism encourage procrastination.
But I have to get my answers perfect and put loads of thought into my nominees.
Enough with the fussy perfectionism and resulting procrastination. Here we go!
If you could visit a fictional world from a book or a film, where would you go?
I would grab Jean-Luc Picard’s hand and frolic around the Holodeck aboard the Starship Enterprise.
You have to change your first name, what will you call yourself?
Ha! This one is funny for me. For those who haven’t read my F.A.Q., I do use a semi-pseudonym, for a few reasons. I’ve actually been planning a full post devoted to the topic. 😉
There’s a knock at the door, your heart skips a beat and your stomach is all a quiver – who is at the door?
Easy. Dear Boyfriend. 🙂
You can spend the day with any man or woman from history, who will you choose and why?
What one question will you definitely ask them?
Are the allegations that you didn’t write the works attributed to you true?
You have to change your hair colour, it has to be one of the colours of the rainbow. What colour will you choose?
Hmm, if “colors of the rainbow” means strictly one word from ROYGBIV, I’d say violet. If it means any color imaginable, I’d say light pink.
Which song represents your personality?
Oh gosh, this is a tough one. The first one that comes to mind is “Somewhere in my memory,” from the Home Alone score by John Williams.
Why, you ask? Like me, the melody is curious, playful, a bit sappy, has lots of happy and upbeat parts, but verges on the sad side of nostalgic… A childlike optimism tinged with loss, if that makes any sense.
I’m coming for dinner, what’s on the menu?
Well I love to cook, so my mind is racing with a zillion recipe ideas, depending on your tastes. But if the question is to be taken literally, tonight here’s what I cooked: Roasted cauliflower, bow tie pasta, sauteed kale, and a homemade garlic white wine reduction sauce.
What smell do you love?
Burnt carrots. Also my favorite taste. I have to be careful not to eat too many carrots, or my hands will be faintly orange, like the manicurist pointed out tonight at the nail spa.
You are stranded in a lifeboat in the ocean, like in Life of Pi – which animal will you share your boat with and why?
An animal who is a strong swimmer and can hug me through a panic attack, because I can’t swim and am terrified of the open ocean.
…Oh, you want me to pick a specific animal. Hmm. How about a dolphin? They can swim, they’re allegedly clever, and they’re mammals so I know it’d need air too.
My blog is called Cultivating Time – what quote or saying about time do you like?
Ooh, I love this question! Depressing answer: “Time heals all wounds,” because so far in life I think it’s a blatant falsehood. Or should at least be amended to, “Time heals most wounds, but you may end up with some wicked scars.”
Now I believe I’m meant to tell 11 random facts about myself. Ready to have your socks knocked off with entertainment?! (Kidding — Mythbusters episode 125 busted the myth that it’s possible to knock someone’s socks off 😉 )
- I’m left handed and redheaded. Fairly unusual, I suppose.
- I don’t know how to swim. (See above.)
- I print my lowercase e’s backwards. I mean, not mirror-imaged. But literally as I take the pen across the paper to make the ‘e’ shape I start at the bottom end/tail and draw clockwise then make a 90 degree turn to finish off the letter. Apparently this is completely wrong, and I have no clue how I learned it that way. But I can’t for the life of me write a lowercase e the correct way unless I’m writing in cursive rather than print.
- I can’t sleep on my stomach.
- I’ve never had a shot. (Of liquor. Don’t worry, I fully believe in the vaccination variety of shots!)
- I was always extremely cold natured until I started taking Prozac, and one of the side effects is apparently being hot.
- My wrists are freakishly skinny, so that I generally can’t buy bracelets or watches made for adults unless the size can be adjusted.
- Hershey’s kisses are my favorite sweet.
- I drink my coffee black, but my tea with milk and sugar.
- I have synesthesia.
- I used to play the piano, and now I can’t hear a song without instinctively moving my fingers along with imaginary keys to match the tune.
Right, then. My turn to nominate up and coming blogs!
Firstly, though, many thanks to Cultivating Time – you are seriously one of my favorites!
- Olive These Words
- Polly Kingdom
- Stories by Sherry
- The Blogger on the Mount
- 7th Time’s a Charm
- Sandpaper Kisses, Papercut Bliss
- The World According to Tony
- Dark Hauntings
- Cultivating Time (I’m allowed to nominate you back, right? If not, oops! Disregard this.)
Questions for my nominees:
- What career, if any, did you want as a child?
- If you could be guaranteed a gold medal in an obscure Olympic event, or only have a 50-50 chance at a bronze medal in one of the super popular, highly televised and commercialized Olympic events, which would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite museum you’ve ever visited (either in person or virtually through a website or documentary)?
- If you could have any painter in all of history do a portrait of you, who would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite flavor?
- Morning person, night person, both, or neither?
- How often do you hit snooze on your alarm clock? If you don’t use an alarm clock, what wakes you up? (Baby, dog, just naturally wake up on time, etc.)
- Did you ever have an imaginary friend as a child?
- Name one thing that truly terrifies you.
- How often, if at all, do you go out to the movies rather than watching them at home?
- For books you own, do you break the spine?
I hope you all enjoy your questions!
For anyone new to the Liebster Award, this is how it works –
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator , include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Nominees – any questions, please just ask. There is no timescale to do this but please add a link to your new post below when you done it. The aim is to raise the profile of your blog. I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Love, Charlotte x